Student Registration


 Registration Requirements

If your child will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall, you must register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to secure a spot in 2018/19. 

When registering your child for school in the Halton District School Board, print and fill out the Student Registration Form​. Also, please read through the information below which will help guide you through the process.

Our office accepts registrations during the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00pm, Monday to Friday. The office is closed to the public on PA Days. Registrations will be accepted as a complete package only.  Please ensure you have documents to satisfy all 5 categories below when you arrive to register.

Registering ​​your child f​​or Kindergarten

​​See also Kindergarten Page for more information

Junior (Year 1) Kindergart​​en

If your child will be 4  by December 31 of this calendar year, they can be registered for Junior (Year 1) Kindergarten at their home school.

Senior (Year 2) Kindergarten

If your child will be 5 by December 31 of this calendar ye​ar, they can be registered for Senior (Year 2)​ Kindergarten at their home school.​​​​

If your child is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please contact the Immigration and the Visa Co​ordinator at the Welcome Centre  at 905-335-3663  ext. 3435.

Mandatory informa​​​tion to bring when registering your child for school

  • Proof of child’s age: birth certificate or passport or baptismal/faith record for your child. 
                  If the Child is a Canadian Citizen born in Canada, please bring the birth certificate or statement of live birth. In the event that you do not have the child’s birth                    certificate, a valid passport will be accepted.

    o    If the child is Canadian Citizen born outside Canada, please bring the Citizenship Card or Valid Passport as well as documented original date of arrival into Canada (i.e. passport stamp or immigration documents).

    o    If the child is a Permanent Resident, please bring the valid Permanent Resident card.

  • Proof of address (any two of the following documents): lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency. Driver's licence is not accepted.
      • If you own the property: current year property tax bill, purchase agreement plus one of the above pieces.

    o    If you are leasing: or lease/tenancy agreement plus two of the qualifying pieces above

    o    If you have just purchased a home and have not yet taken possession we will accept a notarized copy of your purchase agreement, plus one other qualifying piece of proof of address as above.

  • Proof of child’s citizenship: birth certificate or passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000)or Permanent Resident Card
  • Proof of custody: if you are not the parent and your child is under 18 you must provide proof of custody (court order)

Also​​​​ remember to:

  • Call ahead to make an appointment with school office staff
  • Bring copies of your child’s current school records
  • Bring samples of your child’s work
  • Bring any school reports (assists in school placements )
  • Advise your current school of your relocation (if applicable)

What is my child​’s ​​​home​​ school?

To see if you are living within the Oodenawi Public School boundary or catchment area please visit: “Find My Local School”

Additional Res​​ources

Immunization schedule​​ in Ontario​

Verify your child’s immunization card​


Student personal information is collected during registration and while attending school, pursuant to the Education Act. This i​​nformation will be used for planning and programming, school to home communications, and to establish the Ontario Student Record, which contains information conducive to the improvement of instruction. 

Questions about the informatio​n collected during registration and while attending school should be directed to Tim Sadai, Managing Information for Student Achievement (MISA) Leader for the Halton District School Board or your local Superintendent of Education.